window-list

From: Karl Chen
Subject: window-list
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:25:20 -0700

There's been a change in window-list that removes available
functionality: getting the list of windows in canonical order,
starting with the first window.  This is important functionality
that I depend on; I don't see any way to get it now through only
ELisp.

I propose the following change to window-list:
  WINDOW t means return the list unrotated (in canonical order)

Due to the call to decode_next_window_args() which should not
allow WINDOW t, the patch would be more than 2 or 3 lines if
decode_next_window_args() and the call to it from window_list_1()
were not changed.

Relevant ChangeLog entry:

2004-07-17  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>

        * window.c ...
        (window_list_1): Rotate the list to start with WINDOW.

--
Karl 2004-08-17 10:00