Re: process output has become a bit random...

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: process output has become a bit random...
Date: 29 Jul 2004 01:40:39 +0200

Peter Heslin <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2004-07-28, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  Has anybody else experienced anything weird in connection with process
> >  output recently?
>
> When running M-x grep recently, I got the output duplicated several
> times, which happened on a couple of random occasions.  At the time I
> thought it might have been related to the super-slow grep output bug,
> but it sounds pretty close to what you describe.

I made a change on 2004-06-07 which increased the read buffer from 1k to 4k.
I don't see how that could provoke duplicate buffer output, though.

There have been recent changes specific for the MAC port, but that may be
irrelevant in your case?

Another change which may be relevant is this

2004-06-11  Kenichi Handa  <address@hidden>

        * coding.c (decode_coding_string): Check CODING_FINISH_INTERRUPT.

Process output handling calls decode_coding_string in such a way that
it may not decode an entire string (leaving further decoding to the
next call).  If there is some error in that logic, I think text could
be duplicated.