Re: Unicode support for the MS Windows clipboard

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Unicode support for the MS Windows clipboard
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:17:19 +0200

Hi Jason,

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
> It would be useful do the clipboard rendering from Lisp, like the
> clipboard support for X does. This could enable other formats (rich
> text, images) to be supported without C code changes.

It should not be a problem to add a callback interface to do the
rendering/encoding, that would be just a further extension of the code
as I posted it.  It's not something that I am currently personally
interested in doing though.

(Note that a more direct mapping of Windows facilities (like exposing
the clipboard formats) was in my very first experimental patch.  At
the time somebody said, that this wasn't good, you didn't want to
support more on Windows than you support on X11.  I may have
misunderstood something here.)

benny