Re: mail-extract-address-components extract modified full name

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: mail-extract-address-components extract modified full name
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:08:56 +0900

> Although it is true that different languages and countries put a
> person's names in different orders, a comma clearly indicates that
> they have been swapped.  If you write the family name first because
> family names always come first in your country, you won't use a comma.
> Don't you agree?

The problem of m-e-a-c is not only for the name order.  Here's
an example:

(gnus-extract-address-components "王ヶ頭ホテル <address@hidden>")
 => ("王. ヶ. 頭. ホテル" "address@hidden")

That conversion is completely nonsense because "王ヶ頭ホテル" is
a proper noun.  So, I put the following line in my .emacs file:

(eval-after-load "mail-extr" '(defalias 'mail-extr-voodoo 'ignore))

I haven't checked it thoroughly whether it may cause another
problem, though.
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden>