Re: new tail-mode

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: new tail-mode
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:25:18 +0200

Saluton,

Sorry for the late reply!  (Please use diff -u in the future, it's easier to
read.)

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> skribis:

> without any prior mention of `auto-revert-tail-mode'.  This is
> confusing.

Yes it's better to explain it like you do.  I'd change "to tail a file, this
file" to "to tail a file, this library" because you're talking of two
different files.

> In as far as the proposed code change is concerned, I do not
> understand what the `auto-revert-tail-mode' which the patch removes is
> doing at that place.  At this stage we know that the buffer is not
> visiting a file, so `auto-revert-tail-mode' should be nil.

You're right, I overdid checking the two variables.

Thanks for bothering to check my change, and feel free to apply your patch.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/