Re: match-data aborts on mac os x

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: match-data aborts on mac os x
Date: 15 Jul 2004 00:28:53 +0200

bryan o'connor <address@hidden> writes:

> > There have been more changes at 06/29 and 06/30.  Your search.c is
> > newer than that?
> > If it is, could you run Emacs under gdb and give a backtrace when it
> > bugs out?
>
> i just tested a cvs version dated 6/28 and it did abort().  the
> backtrace
> is attached below.
>
> my keystrokes were:
>       M-x slime [return]
>       M-. prin1 [return]
>       M-. prin1 [return]
>       M-. prin1 [return]

I have repeatedly stated that I had no clue what I was doing there, as
I have no idea how Lisp data structures are implemented in C.  I have
begged in desperation that someone take a look at the patch before I
check it in.

No reaction.  So that's where we are now.

Does the following patch (where I, on a hunch, try using XSETBUFFER
whenever assigning a buffer, without a clue about whether this has any
relevance or not) change anything?

Note: I'll be probably gone before the next reply, till Monday.