Mark handling (Was: Changes to emacs/lisp/progmodes/grep.el)

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Mark handling (Was: Changes to emacs/lisp/progmodes/grep.el)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 12:47:40 +0200

Hi,

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> skribis:

>     But the "expected behavior" for such users is that both
>     region-beginning and region-end are independent from point, so it's
>     a non-trivial change.
>
> That does sound thoroughly incompatible with Emacs.  However, the
> programs I've seen don't seem to cancel the selection when you move
> point.  That would not be difficult, and is what we now do
> after a mouse drag.

Region handling seem to recently have been screwed up, and it's utterly
annoying.  In some cases, which I have not yet figured out, I get errors at
least from M-w (not sure what else I may have come across) that the mark is
not activated.  But it does exist, because I can do C-x C-x and afterwards M-w
works.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/