Re: C-h C-i

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: C-h C-i
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:55:29 +0300

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
> (Has Emacs ever used such an "unofficial keybinding" policy before?)
>
> I really don't think it's worth optimizing for such narrow use cases
> by making a special keybinding, especially when the consequence of
> mistyping right now is merely that nothing happens.

There are some duplicated keybindings in help.el already:
both `C-h n' and `C-h C-n' are bound to `view-emacs-news'.
But `C-h i' is used more often than `C-h n' or `C-h C-n'.
Why we have duplicated keybindings for `view-emacs-news',
but can't add a new for `info'?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/