Re: C-h C-i

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: C-h C-i
Date: 17 Jun 2004 05:29:45 -0500

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
> Since the change for using a numeric prefix argument of `info'
> by appending its value to the Info buffer name was installed,
> it became possible to switch Info buffers easily by the key
> sequences like:
>
> C-5 C-h i
>
> But it is much easier to type this key sequence while the control key
> is pressed for all its keys:
>
> C-5 C-h C-i
>
> Any objections to adding a new keybinding `C-h C-i' to `info'?
>
> In older Emacs versions it was bound to `info-lookup-symbol', but it
> was changed to another keybinding `C-h S', so `C-h C-i' is unbound now.

I'd prefer not to use up a potential binding for this small
convenience.

`C-h C-i' may be unbound now, but another use might be found for it
later, one better than simply duplicating what `C-h i' does right now.
If we bind it to something common and important like `info', it'd be
hard to change that later.

So there's one objection :-).

-Karl