Re: query-replace-interactive not documented

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: query-replace-interactive not documented
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:57:42 -0400

    If there are always to be parens around, then there would be no need for
    !.  One could just write

    \\footnote{\\label{fn:\(+ replace-count\)}

I prefer the \! syntax, since it does not mess up the parens.
! is used in many programs to mean "execute" (usually
with a shell command, but we can ignore that).

Using \' does not seem to make sense, since this is not quoting.