Re: Emacs routinely gets stuck in single_kboard mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs routinely gets stuck in single_kboard mode
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 17:49:20 -0400

    A possible third bug (and a definite inconvenience) is that entering a
    recursive edit (M-x recursive-edit) or a debug session like above sets
    single_kboard.  Pressing C-g unfreezes the other keyboards without
    exiting the recursion, with no apparent bad side effects.  The bug is
    either that the displays are frozen unnecessarily, or that C-g should
    not break out of single_kboard in this case.

A recursive edit or debug session must set single_kboard,
because the environment of the recursive edit or debug session
would otherwise be imposed on all the other terminals.

This is part of the reason why we discourage use of recursive edit.
It cannot be avoided unless we implement multi-threading in Emacs.

Does this fix that bug?

*** keyboard.c  11 Jun 2004 21:54:28 -0400      1.778
--- keyboard.c  13 Jun 2004 16:19:43 -0400
***************
*** 1158,1164 ****

    Vinhibit_quit = Qnil;
  #ifdef MULTI_KBOARD
!   any_kboard_state ();
  #endif

    return make_number (0);
--- 1158,1165 ----

    Vinhibit_quit = Qnil;
  #ifdef MULTI_KBOARD
!   if (command_loop_level == 0 && minibuf_level == 0)
!     any_kboard_state ();
  #endif

    return make_number (0);