Re: Bug tracking

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bug tracking
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:06:38 -0400

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 12:09:04AM +0200, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> Yes, I understand how could it work, I just happen to think that is a
> extraordinarily un-optimized way to do things.  See etc/TODO: would you
> dare say that it is really used for the intended purpose?  Many things
> in TODO have been there for years, and almost *all* things implemented
> or fixed never ever touched TODO.

I doubt a fancy `issue tracker' would make a whole lot of difference --
indeed it might make things worse, if it tried to hide what's actually a
simple, relatively small, list of items under an unnecessary search
interface.

I think the best thing for help to get TODO more used would be a bit more
structure / categorization in the file, to make it less daunting for
first-time viewers, and an easy way for regular developers to see changes to
it, without having to explicitly _do_ something, e.g., a special mailing list
just for commit diffs to TODO.

-Miles
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....