Re: Checkout of Emacs CVS through firewall

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Checkout of Emacs CVS through firewall
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:42:27 +0200

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:08:18 +0900
Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> subversions.gnu.org used to run a CVS pserver on port 443, but I assume
> that disappeared with pserver generally.

It seems so.

> Some other possibilities:
>
>  * If you've got `tla' handy (there's a debian package for it in
>    testing/unstable), you can use my arch branch of emacs, which is
>    available via http:
>
>       http://sourcecontrol.net/~miles/address@hidden

Thanks! I'll try that.

I've downloaded a tla binary for Windows, and I've done

  tla register-archive http://sourcecontrol.net/~miles/address@hidden

which I think is a prerequisite.  I don't know how to go from here...
(I'll read the docs, I just can do it right now).

Is that a read-only access, or read-write?  Is the branch synchronized
with the CVS trunk at given intervals, or continuously (via a script or
whatever)?

                                                                Juanma