Re: doc problems with defcustom

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: doc problems with defcustom
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:20:45 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> There are some defcustom variables which have no (or incorrect) effect
> if you set them with setq -- such variables typically have a :set
> action which must be called for the setting to take effect.

> For example pc-selection-mode and global-reveal-mode.

Isn't it possible to have a function, say
custom-set-variable, that sets a value and calls :set action
if necessary.
        Ex: (custom-set-variable 'pc-selection-mode t)

I'm now working on utf-translate-cjk-mode and want to check
the result of setting/unsetting it repeatedly, but it's
quite annoying to do that via *Customize Option* buffer.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden