Re: display word wrapping

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:29:10 +0200

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 13:13:36 +0200
Benjamin Riefenstahl <address@hidden> wrote:

> How about:
>
>   These are built with MinGW and so they work better than other
>   compiles with the official builds of Emacs, which are also made with
>   MinGW.

Er, I'm not sure that's an improvement ;)

I think this is clear enough:

  Binaries for the image libraries (among many others) can be found at
  GnuWin32 (http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net).  These are built with
  MinGW, and so are very compatible with GCC/MinGW builds of Emacs (like
  the official binary tarballs for Windows).  Compatibility with MSVC,
  on the other hand, is still weak and should not be trusted in
  production environments; if you really need an MSVC-compiled Emacs
  with image support, you should try to build the required libraries
  with the same compiler (though it can be extremely non-trivial, and
  we'll be interested on hearing of any such effort).

                                                                Juanma