Re: improving query-replace and query-replace-regexp

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: improving query-replace and query-replace-regexp
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 13:28:20 +0900

>     > the other little minibuffer hack I had proposed enabling by
>     > default was `file-name-shadow-mode'
>
> I have been using this for a while too, and it seems natural.  So we
> could enable this, if someone writes the text to change the Emacs
> manual.

I'll give it a go.

BTW, how _does_ one enable a mode like this by default?  Currently, when
a user has enabled it via customize, loading user's customizations sets
things up.  If it is enabled by default, in what place should the setup
happen?

-Miles
--
`To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to,
 all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson