Re: Customize interface: better face editor

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Customize interface: better face editor
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 07:21:00 +0900

Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
> The current face editor looks like this (in the -nw version, which
> currently work better than the windowing version):
> I wonder if it would look better as:
>
>     Widget Button Face: (sample) [Hide]
>        [State]: you have edited the value as text, but you have not set the
> fac
>     Face used for widget buttons.
>     Parent groups: [Widget Faces]
>     Inherit attributes from these faces:
>     [INS]
>     Attributes of this face:
>     [DEL] Weight: [Value Menu] bold
>     [Add attribute]

This feels too heavy-weight; the current face editor -- and as I noted
in a previous post, you seem to be using an extremely out-of-date
version in your examples -- has the big advantage that everything's
presented up-front.

The current style gives you a good overview of the `possibilities' for a
face, which I think makes face editing easier; there aren't all that
many attributes, and the visual impact of unselected attributes is
pretty minor (much more so in the current version than in the version
you're using).

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.