Re: dired.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: dired.el
Date: 06 Jun 2004 22:19:34 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> >From my previous message:
>
>    As an added bonus, it also corrects the modeline problem.  (To be
>    honest, I do not fully understand why, but it does.  The patch changes
>    the scope of the buffer-read-only binding.  Does message update modelines?)
>
> At second thought, it seems obvious:
>
> !   (message "Change in Dired buffer undone.
> ! Actual changes in files cannot be undone by Emacs."))
>
> That message has two lines.  The echo area needs to grow and hence the
> mode line _needs_ to get redisplayed.

redraw-modeline is an alias for `force-mode-line-update' in `subr'.
(redraw-modeline &optional all)

Force redisplay of the current buffer's mode line and header line.
With optional non-nil all, force redisplay of all mode lines and
header lines.  This function also forces recomputation of the
menu bar menus and the frame title.