Re: Customize interface: The use of "boxed" buttons

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Customize interface: The use of "boxed" buttons
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:31:33 -0400

    3) The use of "raised" and "pressed" display does not seem to
       correspond to any standardised look and feel I know of.

How would you suggest implementing a look for pressed and unpressed
buttons?

    My suggestion is therefore that we "go back" to use a textual
    representation for buttons (and other stuff) in Customize.

I consider that too drastic--but fixing these specific problems
(when we're sure what would be an improvement) would be useful.