Re: display word wrapping

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: 04 Jun 2004 14:45:30 +0200

> On 04 Jun 2004 10:07:10 +0200
> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:
>
> > (defun image-type-available-p (type)
> >   (prog1
> >      (memq type (init-image-libraries image-library-alist))
> >      (setq image-library-alist nil)))
> >
> > supposing that init-image-libraries just returns the current image-types
> > if image-library-alist is nil (and the updated list otherwise).
>
> Yes, that's what it does: it always returns image-types (which is
> already updated if any image lib is ever loaded).
>
> I've implemented image-type-available-p as you say; to do so, I've
> updated init-image-libraries to do nothing (except returning image-types)
> if its argument is nil, as this is going to be the most frequent use.
>
> > And then we could discard the image-types variable alltogether --
> > except that it is still probably good for debugging/error reporting
> > purposes.
>
> Well, I use it in my patch to check whether images are loaded (I could
> use the image_types list, though, but I also think is better to keep
> image-types).

I'm sure you need Vimage_types internally, but I meant that you could
drop exporting the Vimage_types to lisp.

BTW, what happens if you compile emacs --without-x ?

Maybe we need a dummy init-image-libraries which returns nil on non-window
platforms.

> New question. I'm doing
>
>         for (dlls = XCDR (dlls); !NILP (dlls); dlls = XCDR (dlls))
>           if (!CONSP (dlls) || !STRINGP (XCAR (dlls)))
>             error ("Invalid data in library alist");
>           else if (library = LoadLibrary (SDATA (XCAR (dlls))))
>             break;
>
> What if I wanted to show in the error the wrong data? I cannot use
> "SDATA (dlls)" because dlls it could be anything:

Maybe

        Fsignal (Qwrong_type_argument, Fcons (dlls, Qnil));