Re: minibuffer-eldef

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: minibuffer-eldef
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:40:41 -0400

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 10:13:44AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> I never argued that delete-selection-mode should be the default for
> Emacs.  I just said that when it _is_ switched on, it might be
> sensible to deal with default values in the usual and somewhat natural
> manner people associate with that mode.

I disagree.  That style of `default' is annoying even on MS systems (which of
course always use the equivalent of `delete-selection-mode').  It's just a
dumb idea.

It might make sense to allow people to _explicitly_ request that style of
default if they use delete-selection-mode, but that's pretty irrelevant to
the question at hand.

-Miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page