Re: improving query-replace and query-replace-regexp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: improving query-replace and query-replace-regexp
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:37:10 -0400

    This is a case where `minibuffer-electric-default-mode' would really
    help...

    What do people think of enabling this by default?  Not only does it
    reduce minibuffer overflow, but I think it makes the user-interface
    more intuitive.

Let's several of us try it for a week, then talk about it again.
I am trying it now.

If we do make this change, we will need to rewrite parts of the Emacs
manual.