Re: [gnu.org #194297] Re: Emacs-devel list IS slow

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #194297] Re: Emacs-devel list IS slow
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:57:16 -0400

    Searching for "emacs" and not finding it is much better than if
    you were searching for "emacs" and found vi instead.  Unfortunately,
    this is what Google does now.  If you search for emacs by
    http://www.google.com/search?q=best+emacs&cat=gwd%2FTop
    then Google returns results with the first link pointing to Vi editor :-(

Is there any procedure for reporting such errors to Google?
(I have no idea.)  If there is, could someone do it?

    >> - A simple search for "emacs" on savannah.gnu.org no longer finds GNU
Emacs

http://savannah.gnu.org/search/?words=emacs&type_of_search=soft&Search=Search&exact=1

    > This was a false alarm -- I see it now.  Sorry for the noise.
    >
    > However, if I search for "GNU emacs", it doesn't show up.

I will report that to the Savannah people.