Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC
Date: 24 May 2004 07:30:13 +0200

> Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 11:32:35 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden>
>
>    There's some guidance in the file etc/DEBUG (search for "in GC"), and
>    you can always ask for more specific help here.
>
> Yes, except that the guidance there seems to assume that the person
> doing the debugging has a pretty good knowledge about Emacs memory
> management.

If you can show where's the text that assumes that, i.e. is not clear
to someone who doesn't have a good knowledge about Emacs memory
management, I'm sure someone will try to improve those parts of the
text.

For the record, that part of etc/DEBUG summarizes what I learned
debugging (with Richard's help) a tricky problem that caused rare
crashes inside GC.  At the time, I knew almost nothing about the GC
machinery.