Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 20:08:34 -0500 (CDT)

Kim Storm wrote:

   Please try again with my latest changes to GC.

This time I indeed do not seem able to produce this type of crash anymore.

Tramp is still unusable with auto-revert-mode and I see a variety of
strange bugs when trying to visit a second remote file using Tramp,
for instance a copy of the modeline temporarily appearing inside the
minibuffer.  I suspect that all these bugs are related to recursive
Tramp invocations, which should be avoided.  I guess we have up till
now avoided actually doing something about these problems, not to
interfere with the gc debugging.

Should everybody agree that the problems with gc are fixed, then we
could make the necessary changes in autorevert.el and tramp.el to get
rid of the recursive invocation bugs.

Sincerely,

Luc.