Re: Info-index fails on node-name "~/.cvsrc"

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Info-index fails on node-name "~/.cvsrc"
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:31:25 -0400

    The main problem is backward compatibility.

Of course.

    Perhaps the most reliable way is to scan the whole Info file and its
    subfiles for index cookies.  If there is at least one such cookie,
    then to assume that it is in the 4.7 format.  Otherwise, to use the old
    heuristic by determining the index node by its name.

That sounds good to me.  I can't think of anything better, and in
practice, I think it will be just fine.

I guess this is a case where we need to have global information about
the Info version being written, for 100% perfect accuracy.