Re: Feature freeze and Tramp?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Feature freeze and Tramp?
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:11:28 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> I could submit a bug report if really necessary.  However, I now
> looked somewhat closer at the Tramp code and now the reason why you
> need to export on Solaris and not on GNU/Linux seems obvious.
> Solaris' sh can not handle ~, sh on GNU/Linux, that is, bash run as sh,
> can handle ~.  Tramp still runs tramp-post-connection _after_ running
> tramp-open-connection-setup-interactive-shell.

D'oh!  And I thought that
tramp-open-connection-setup-interactive-shell was the last thing that
runs!

Hm.  I could run tramp-open-connection-setup-interactive-shell again
after starting the shell for tilde expansion.  Or perhaps I search
for a shell that groks tilde somewhat earlier.  Hm.

Thanks for finding out!

Kai