Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:45:35 -0500 (CDT)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   If C-g does not get you out of the hang, it's a bug.
   As I said, the with-local-quit should be put in Tramp.

I put in with-local-quits in my private Emacs.  C-g does get me out of
the hang, but for 0 to 5 seconds.  That is no big help.

I never was able to check the problem with more than one file, because
trying to open a second remote file produces a crash.  With
global-auto-revert-remote-files set to nil I opened five remote files
and worked with them without problems.  Then I tried to set
global-auto-revert-remote-files to t.  Immediate freeze.

To be able to use Tramp efficiently, there should be no problems
having ten or more remote files open at the same time.

I will try out your patch tomorrow.  From looking at it, it is
probably going to be an improvement, but I doubt that it is going to
solve all my problems.  I will check.

Sincerely,

Luc.