Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:32:36 -0500 (CDT)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   > I do not see why global-auto-revert-mode should increase the
   > probability of Tramp being recalled recursively.  It certainly

   Because it runs Tramp from a timer.  Timers can be run whenever Emacs is
   waiting, i.e. it can happen when Tramp is waiting for the other end's
   prompt to come up.

So is this sufficient of a problem to just disable auto-reverting of
remote files completely?  The problem I am experiencing now is
definitely bad enough that it should be disabled by default.

Sincerely,

Luc.