Re: new *Help* argument highlighting

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: new *Help* argument highlighting
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 18:57:09 +0300

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
> [Regarding bold causing a problem in a mode line]
>
>       * I cannot permanently change
>             :weight bold
>             :weight normal
>         in the variable `mode-line-buffer-identification'

This problem with bold faces in a mode line was solved recently
by using `Buffer-menu-buffer-face' instead of the hard-coded
`(:weight bold)'.

>     Please tell me how to reset the bold characteristic universally.
>     I talked about `mode-line-buffer-identification' because it is easy
>     and obvious, but it turns out that name of directories shown in a
>     PCL-CVS *cvs* buffer are also effected.  The `m' in the word `emacs'
>     becomes unreadable.

I don't know at which point it was changed, but currently cvs directory
names have a special face `cvs-header-face' whose bold property can be
changed easily.

Generally, I think there should not be anonymous faces, and all used
faces should have their own names to make it possible to change their
properties.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/