Re: VC-SVN problem

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: VC-SVN problem
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 04:10:38 -0400

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 07:16:30PM -0500, Karl Fogel wrote:
> But that brings me to a larger question, which is, what *are* the
> criteria for committing to files in Emacs?  I've been trying to grok
> the answer by watching this list, but that's not working as well as
> I'd hoped.

I think it's generally `If you're not sure, ask.'

Luckily there seem to be no bozos with commit access, so this seems to work
pretty well.  Everybody starts out feeling nervous about what's OK to commit,
and so ask about everything, and then gradually become more confident and
start committing without asking -- and by that time their judgement has
become good enough that they don't screw things up.

[Sort of like `If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.' :-]

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)