Re: Buffer-local faces

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Buffer-local faces
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:20:18 -0400

    A related question is how to make a face that uses explicitly the default
    font.  E.g. let's say my header-line face uses helvetica font and I want to
    put text in the header-line that uses the same font as the default font.
    Right now, the best I could come up with is to extract the font of `default'
    and pass it to `myface', but that's done "statically".

Complications like these are expensive in terms of the ease of
understanding Emacs.  If we can do without them, let's do without
them.