Re: Default Emacs keybindings

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Default Emacs keybindings
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 09:11:29 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:
> Kenichi Handa writes:
>>  Isn't it possible to make Emacs custom mappings if requested, at
>>  least on X window?  For instance, M-x swap-ctrl-capslock RET.

> Maybe so, but that mostly useless, as it doesn't fix it for other
> applications.

If we can have something like swap-ctrl-capslock, we can
mention it in TUTORIAL and make at least Emacs users
happier.

And, if we also want Emacs to fix mapping for the other
applications (I'm not sure), we can invoke the shell command
"xmodmap -e ..." which should fix for all applications
running on the same display.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden