Re: cua-mode: cursor types

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: cua-mode: cursor types
Date: 01 May 2004 23:25:59 +0200

Lars Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> Nice feature! My eyes are on the cursor rather than on the mode line.
>
> However, there are some problems:
> 1. With two windows in the same frame displaying two different
>    buffers, toggling one into overwrite mode changes the color of the
>    hollow cursor in the other.

There is only one cursor color shared by all windows in a frame, so
I cannot do anything about that.

> 2. With two frames displaying the same buffer, toggling into overwrite
>    mode only changes the cursor in the active frame. Maybe the other
>    frame just needs repainting.

Problem is that cursor color is a frame specific parameter.
Feel free to post a patch :-)

> 3. If you don't use cua-mode but just set
>    cua-enable-cursor-indications to t, the feature does not work. Is
>    that intended?

It only works with cua-mode as the name suggests.

It would be nice to separate it, but it is tied in with cua's global-mark
feature, so it is a bit tricky to do right.  Maybe in 22.x