Re: isearch-yank-char

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch-yank-char
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:55:40 +0300

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm confused -- I haven't actually seen this patch you're talking
> about.  Did you post it and I just missed it?  (All the developers
> need to be testing the same patch, for the testing to be useful.)

The current implementation of C-b is:

(defun isearch-del-char ()
  "Discard last character and move point back.
If there is no previous character, just beep."
  (interactive)
  (if (equal isearch-string "")
      (ding)
    (setq isearch-string (substring isearch-string 0 -1)
          isearch-message (mapconcat 'isearch-text-char-description
                                     isearch-string "")))
  (isearch-search-and-update))

But you can change it if you find a better solution.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/