Re: Several suggestions for image support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Several suggestions for image support
Date: 29 Apr 2004 01:02:30 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> We could accomplish this by setting the line-height property to the
> pixel height of a specific face *) The effect of this would be that
> newlines would have the height of that face, rather than the current
> font.

Is there a particular reason to have the unit of the line-height be in
pixels?  We specify face dimensions in units of tenths of a point
elsewhere.  Not that I am convinced that is the best way, though.

Anyway, it would be nice if one could specify this relative to a
particular face.  Something like

'(line-height . (1.0 . small-face))

'(line-height . (1.2 . nil))  ;; means the current face
'(line-height . (1.2 . default)) ;; same as the following
'(line-height . 1.2) ;; relative to default

Something like that.  If somebody has a better idea to specify
"current face", that would be nice.