Re: Info-index fails on node-name "~/.cvsrc"

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Info-index fails on node-name "~/.cvsrc"
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:59:11 -0400

Hi Juri,

    One possible solution is to extract node names up to the final period
    ignoring all intermediate periods, e.g.

    * J. Random Hacker:        J. Random Hacker.      (line  2)
                               ----------------

    with the assumption that no index entries have more text after the node
    name (except the line number in the new Info format).

That seems to me like it will work for the specific case of index
entries.  Since we control index entry generation, we know for a fact
there is no descriptive text on the index line that contains a period.

So if you'd like to implement that change, it seems beneficial.
Is it feasible to change just index entry parsing, without changing menu
entry parsing?

Thanks,
karl