Re: Emacs Explorer?

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Emacs Explorer?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:16:24 +0200

BTW, the other thing I hate about that behavior is that it makes it annoying to correct a mouse-selected region that's slightly wrong (e.g., you missed including the first character) -- you can't just redrag it without thinking, you have to either make sure to click first (without accidentally dragging), or start the drag outside the region, which is easy to get wrong. All of
this makes the re-dragging much slower and more awkward, and it's an
operation I do quite a bit.

I'm not sure I follow.  You extend the region with mouse-3 in Emacs,
so dragging would not enter into it.  However, I see the point if you
for example select qwerty and then descide y should not be part of the
selection.  Then you could first have to click outside the selection
and then redo the drag.  But I use mouse-3 anyway, so it would be the
same for me.  Point taken though.

        Jan D.