Re: Jumping to C source from *Help*

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Jumping to C source from *Help*
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:48:16 -0400

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 12:33:46AM +0100, Glenn Morris wrote:
> > When people use a special-purpose frame like this, they would not
> > mind if C-x b switches to a window in another frame.
>
> Speaking for myself, I'd actively want that behaviour, rather than
> just "not mind". When I set up such a special frame, I want Emacs to
> leave it alone, and to use another frame for Help buffers and such.
> I'm happy for it to pop-up another frame if it needs to, rather than
> messing with the existing one.

Are such users generally considered `expert'?  If so maybe it would make
sense to have a `blah-blah-function' variable, which switch-to-buffer would
call in this situation (presumably signaling an error if it's nil).

Then people who have such special environments could make it work exactly
like they wish (some possibilities that come mind are `pop-to-buffer' and
`switch-to-buffer-other-frame').

-Miles
--
((lambda (x) (list x x)) (lambda (x) (list x x)))