info.el

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: info.el
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:20:13 -0500 (CDT)

The recent changes to info.el, in particular to Info-follow-reference,
do not seem to be able to handle references spread over two lines.

emacs -q
C-h i
g (elisp)nil and t

Where we see:

symbol whose name starts with a colon (`:').  See Constant
Variables.

Putting point on `Variables' gives the error message:

Info-follow-reference: No cross-reference named Constant
Variables

In other words, the newline gets wrongly considered to be a part of
the node name.  I do not believe that this problem can be more than a
few days old.  (I believe that I would have noticed it before
otherwise.)

With point in the "See Constant" part things work fine.

Sincerely,

Luc.