Re: info.el

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: info.el
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:01:03 -0400

    if HEAD will be merged into RC branch for the
    next Emacs release.

I recall a message (I think from rms) saying that the 21.4 branch will
not be cut from HEAD, but rather from 21.3, for bug fixes only.  Hence
my confusion.  From Stefan's message, I gather it hasn't been done yet,
either way.

    Karl, you already mentioned that the next Texinfo release will have
    an index cookie and index line numbers.  Does the next Texinfo release
    introduce other features that should be supported by Emacs?

No, that plus the @image output introduced in 4.6 is all, I believe.

Actually using the index line numbers is less important than the code
janneke has sent, to (a) understand the images, and (b) ignoring unknown
address@hidden constructs.

Thanks,
karl