Re: Spam prevention

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Spam prevention
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 21:32:09 -0400

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 04:04:32AM +0200, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> > > Do people think this is worth even trying?
> > I certainly don't.
> Me too.

Agreed, that kind of obfuscation is often more annoying than it is helpful,
and I think this is one such case.

I also object to it out of principle -- I don't want to add gross hacks all
over the place because of idiots like spammers, and I find that conventional
spam filtering seems to work well enough that it's not really necessary (I've
_never_ obfuscated my email address, and have been using the same widely
exposed address many many years, but spam is nothing more than a minor
background irritation).

-Miles