Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*
Date: 30 Mar 2004 20:32:03 -0500

>     I haven't used it in a while now), but that was not my point: my point
>     is that buffer-local faces are useful for user customization and as
>     long as we don't really support them, we should try to keep using the
>     "face-variables" indirection used by font-lock: those variables are
>     not obsolete.

> I agree, as regards font lock faces.  However, when a face is used
> only in a specific mode, then this motivation for customizing it would
> be rare.

I don't see any reason why similar issues wouldn't come up.
You might want to use different faces for "dired on /etc" than "dired on
/home/foo".

Other examples: header-line face, default face, ... I'd love to have
different settings for those in different buffers (or at least in different
modes).

        Stefan