Re: porting GNU Emacs to kde (?)

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: porting GNU Emacs to kde (?)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:30:47 +0200

Is there any documentation or other resources describing the Emacs
GUI API (or the source is my friend ? ;-)).

There isn't any GUI API as such that I know of, just an implementation
so the source is where to look.

Now, provided that you have not commented on the general "text editor
interface api", should I assume that you agree with this approach ?
If you do, I can begin (during the easter holiday probably)
designing a first draft of the api... (I would appreciate a link to
the text editor GNOME CORBA interfaces).

The first thing to do IMHO is getting embedding to work, i.e. put an Emacs
window inside Konquerer and/or Nautilus.  I don't think there is a lot
of interface to implement that.  After that one could take a look at
other KDE/GNOME editors and see what they provide.  I do not have
any GNOME links, so you will have too look around on the GNOME web site.

        Jan D.