Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line

From: Ted Lemon
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:34:07 -0600

I'm a little late in the game in replying to this particular thread, but I'd just like to throw in a word here for not changing the default bindings all the time. Every time I get a new version of Emacs, I find that a bunch of bindings have changed. If you want different bindings, please hack them into your .emacs file rather than forcing all the other emacs users to hack their .emacs files with every new release.