Re: diff-apply-hunk broken

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: diff-apply-hunk broken
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 00:53:29 -0500

    > Maybe, a better solution could be to add a new code letter e.g. "R" to
    > the `interactive' which will work like "r", but will be less
    > restrictive and will allow a function to be called when region is
    > inactive and will set both its arguments `beg' and `end' to the
    > current point.

Do we want this feature often enough to justify a new interactive code?
If it is wanted only rarely, implementing it in Lisp is probably better.

Another reason that might make a new interactive code desirable is if
we want to specifically encourage programmers to use this interface
for their new commands.  I don't see that we want to.