Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line
Date: 26 Mar 2004 15:31:16 +0100

address@hidden (Jari Aalto+mail.linux) writes:

> * 2004-03-25 no-spam <AT> cua.dk (Kim Storm) gmane.emacs.devel
> * <http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&address@hidden>
>
> | C-x c c => compile
> | C-x c r => recompile
> | C-x c n => next error
> | C-x c p => prev error
> | C-x c g => grep
> |

> Excellent idea

Since C-x c is too close to C-x C-c, how about mixing the proposals
into an easily accessable binding?

C-c C-c C-c => compile
C-c C-c C-r => recompile
C-c C-c C-n => next error
C-c C-c C-p => previous error
C-c C-c Uhh... do we really need a case for grep?

Anyhow, I have already been musing about having a special keymap
active in AUCTeX after C-c C-c so that C-c C-c C-c will do the "most
common thing".  Could help avoid confusion.

I do agree that C-c C-c is a bad choice in PCL-CVS and should
probably be replaced by C-c C-k so that conflict is not much of a
nuisance.

Shell-mode is a different issue.  I am not sure that you won't ever
want to use compile or even next error in it.