Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:10:08 +0100

Joachim Nilsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Personally I've actually started getting used to "M-g *" for setting
> faces when I write in LaTeX.  I find it very useful actually.

Excellent!

When I preach Emacs to the heathens, my main point is that Emacs gives
you an environment that allows you to use the same keys to issue
*semantically* equivalent operations, even though those operations
have different textual representations depending on what kind of text
your editing.

The canonical example is "M-;", to comment out stuff.

So even though M-g currently is rarely used, I believe there should be
*some* common keybinding for setting fonts for the current mode.  It
doesn't has to be M-g, but it should be there.  It is what Emacs is
all about.  At least, as I preach the gospel.