Re: enriched-mode stupidity

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: enriched-mode stupidity
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:00:42 -0500

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 12:51:24PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> If this question were asked when the buffer contains no hard newlines,
> would that work ok for you?  Are you using hard newlines in that file?

I'm not really even sure (I know what hard newlines are abstractly, but not
how emacs implements them); it was just four lines I copied from another
buffer (actually a Gnus summary buffer), and I wanted to save the faces too,
so I did `M-x enriched-mode' and saved the buffer.  Aside from the annoying
question, this seems to work fine.

Assuming that `hard newlines' are explicitly represented via a text property
or something, I'd guess the buffer _didn't_ contain any.

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.