Re: address@hidden: emacs customization suggestion: 'customize-existing'

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: address@hidden: emacs customization suggestion: 'customize-existing']
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:04:46 -0700

Per Abrahamsen wrote:
>>    > Perhaps we could use something to customize all the options that have
>>    > non-default customizations, which is a little different from
>>    > customize-customized.
>>
>>    How is it different?  Or rather, what do you mean by "non-default
>>    customizations"?
>>
>>customize-customized shows you the variables that have unsaved
>>customizations.
>>
>>This proposed command would also show you the variables that have
>>customize settings that are saved.
>
> customize-saved also exists.  Combining them is trivial, but I'm not
> sure the extra functionality is worth the extra command.
>
> ;;;###autoload
> (defun customize-touched ()
>   "Customize all user options that have been set through customize."

Why not have 1 command, customize-changed, that by default shows the
unsaved variables (like customize-customized does now) but with a prefix
arg shows either the saved variables (like customize-saved) or both
saved and unsaved variables (like customize-touched)?  After all, the
only real difference is the predicate used in the mapatoms function.